NPB 110A—Molecules to Individuals (NEW)
Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Academic Area – Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior
Get introduced to the Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior curriculum in the Netherlands. We will stay at Wageningen University, a sister university to UC Davis, in the small college town of Wageningen. Public transport will take you to the town’s many attractions in minutes, and to Amsterdam in an hour and a half. And everyone speaks English! We will experience the annual introductory week for new Wageningen freshmen that includes a movie night, street theater, comedy night, and more. Class excursions include visits to centuries-old towns; museums on science, art, and the Netherlands’ ongoing fight against rising water; botanical gardens; and local research labs studying the subjects from our class. These field trips will showcase some of the ways this small country was and is great and what scientific research means in the Netherlands.
- Discover the Netherlands and experience the famous directness of the Dutch firsthand.
- Explore centuries old towns and eat in a 450 year old tavern, medieval style.
- Learn about cells and see how Dutch scientists are studying them.
- Live with Wageningen University students in affordable student housing (you'll have your own lockable room).