Perspectives in Global Management
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Academic Area – Agricultural and Resource Economics
The dynamics of the European economy is an especially good setting to study global management in action. We will examine how firms develop new ideas and distribute products and services to international markets, and how they respond to changing winds of trade. We will visit ports to see supply chain management in practice, study the International Standards Organization that facilitates cross-border trade, and learn how such trade is financed. Based in historic Edinburgh, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we will also visit Glasgow and London for additional lessons and perspectives on global management—including a visit to the Bloomberg office in London.
- We cover the principles of planning and decision making; individual behavior, motivation, leadership; groups; conflict and change.
- There is a special emphasis on supply chain management that has global implications for success.
- We will have site visits to see career options such as sales and logistics and graduate studies.
- We will study the importance of leadership and culture in an organization.
- Guest speakers from consulting firms and industry will provide insight to global management.
What Students Are Saying
- "The most rewarding aspect was interacting with people from all different countries and connecting with people with cultures that are different from ours. It's so cool to find similarities with people who are different from you. I also bonded with the other UC Davis students on the program, some of whom I probably never would have interacted with if we weren't on the program, so I'm glad that I made new friends and broadened my horizons."
- "This class was one of the most valuable major classes I have taken so far as Professor Lundblad does a great job of bringing in industry applications."
- "The most rewarding was the new perspective I got, both regarding how to live my life and how to see management and business."
- Housing and Urbanism in Barcelona (Summer Abroad)
- Political Science at the London School of Economics (Fall Quarter Abroad)
- Summer Abroad Internships in Business and Communication
- Virtual Summer Internships in Business and Communication
- Other Programs in Managerial Economics
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities